David Hartley is a successful investment professional and senior executive with more than 40 years experience covering all major public and private markets. His career includes an expansive combination of both non-executive and executive positions, covering hands-on investment management, consulting, multi-manager and Chief Investment Officer roles.
During his career David also supported the educational activities of FINSIA as a lecturer, author, examiner and marker. In addition to establishing and coaching highly skilled teams, David has extensive experience presenting at numerous investment and superannuation industry events.
Current Directorships and Roles include:
- Director and Chairman of Investment Committee Australian Catholic Superannuation and Retirement Fund
- Senior Investment Counsel NSW State Super
- Investment Advisory Committee Chair for NSW Trustee and Guardian
- Director and Audit Committee Chair for Clearview Nominees
- Member of the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy Investment Committee
- Investment Committee Chair University of Sydney Student Managed Investment Fund
Past Directorships and Significant Roles include:
- Chief Investment Officer SunSuper (2005 to 2015)
- When CIO at SunSuper rated among 100 most influential Chief Investment Officers globally by Chief Investment Officer Magazine
- Graduate – AICD and Senior Fellow of FINSIA
- Affiliate – Actuaries Institute
- Bachelor of Arts (Actuarial Studies) from Macquarie University